URTI International Radio Grand Prix
Created in 1989, the International URTI Radio Grand Prix rewards programmes from the whole world for their efforts of research and originality. It is different from the other international competitions because of an original principle: each year a different theme is proposed to the participants and left to their own free interpretation. All the productions, all the radio forms are welcome: reports, documentaries, essays, fictions, sound compositions, children’s stories…
An international jury of radio professionals meets each autumn in a different country, at the invitation of an URTI member.
In 2014, the chosen theme for the 26th edition is: WAR.
Rewarding the efforts of research and originality, awards will be divided up as follows:
- The International Radio Grand Prix, endowed with a sum of $3,000
- The Silver Medal
- The Bronze Medal
- The Jacques Matthey-Doret Award for Discovery, given to a programme it wishes to single out for its quality or its originality on a particular criterion: originality, concept, subject, interactivity, direction, technique, sound environment, etc.
The URTI Prix is open for free to any broadcast or production radio organism.
Some important points of the rules:
DEADLINE FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS : FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 5TH 2014!
- Length of programmes: 60 minutes at the most,
- Two programmes per organism at the most,
- The presented works must not necessarily be new,
- The programmes submitted to the jury will compulsorily have to be accompanied by the text of the production with the time codes in French and/or English as well as by the copyright statement,
- Participants can deposit the registration forms, the scripts and the programmes in .mp3 on this site (Click here to submit)
The programmes may also be sent on CD to:
Maison de Radio France
116 Avenue du Président Kennedy
75220 Paris Cedex 16